Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Soccer Problem

January 19, 2010

Arlene Thomas
333 Wolf Dr.
Lupine, British Columbia
Canada V2A WOLF

Mr. Kleats
Central High School 123 Main Street
Sportstown, British Columbia, V2A 1W3.

Dear Mr. Kleats:

My daughter, Takala is on your U14 Girls soccer team. During the course of this year, I have been grateful for your expertise on the defense position and being able to give her a little extra advice; though I know she is saddened when she comes to practice early and has to wait until after practice starts for you to be available. Bringing the players to and from practice, I have noticed that the girls seem confused during practice because of a bit of disorganization on whether the practice is focused on the forwards or defense.

After attending the game last week, I think that the girls that are on midfield could be played a little more often, to keep from tiring out our defensemen. Being a parent, and having my husband as a coach I know a loud voice must be used to reach the players from across the field; but I think that the girls would respond better to positive reinforcement than profanity.

I know that in the years that have passed, you have successfully lead our team, including my daughter to the finals and again; this year I know that our team is at the top of the league. All though the girls enjoy getting the medals every year; I think that the emphasis of next year’s games should be honing the skills of the team and showing that teamwork is most important instead of winning.

As a parent, I know how difficult girls can be and I am pleased that you have come back the last couple of years to work with the same group of girls. They have improved immensely, with the knowledge and skills that you have brought to the team. I hope that Takala is on your team again next year, as she is excited to start a new season in the spring.

Sincerely,




Arlene Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment